View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default could you be a little clearer

about your question? Hard to opine without a little more clarity - I assume you are asking if the WoJo should have gotten a grade equal to the others if it wasn't a big name card and at the same time you are again trying to point out your distain or discomfort with SGC? To be fair I think the grading companies usually have the benefit of seeing the backs as well as the fronts but to me the grading of the cards shown all seems to be within normal tollerence - the disparity between WoJo and the others seems minimal to my untrained eye. Sometimes it's like a called strike or ball in baseball. The home plate umpire makes the call based on their objective interpretation of a set of rules. This human element is contrary to the application of static scientific measures to determine "condition".
A better example to highlight such a question will be uncovered when following the link I've included. Please look at the second scan that includes Anson - glad that would never happen at PSA.
Maybe a better question would be is there a bias linked to who it is that's submitting the cards rather than the cards themselves? Or, what is the actual skill set of the 22 year old who graded the card?
BTW Jerry - there's a postcard auction coming up in which I spied one of those non-baseball Rose PC's buried in a large lot - LMK if you have interest...... Anyone with a link to the threads in which these things were discussed?

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...x?itemid=32100

I went to sleep around 4 am so after 4 hours sleep this post might make even less sense than usual. I always feel compelled to defend my grader of choice (no, I didn't wake up to do so). I will admit that I am kind of upset lately with SGC - as to me they have shown signs of not making proper business decisions with regard to the grades, the holders, the flips. It's how I roll I guess.....