View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Christopher Herman

Hello AJR,

Having been in this situation a number of times as a buyer (seller regrets the final sale price and pulls the card or makes up a story, which seems to be the case here, as you state in your original post) I empathize completely.

However, you are all over the place:

1. The seller is scumbucket and should be publicly tarred and feathered, as well as "outed" here, which you did appropriately. Thank you.

2. But then you believe the "car theft" story. Or not. I'm not sure since you call the police and PSA and SGC and auction houses to "alert" them to a "stolen" card which was never yours to begin with. And it seems you know this.

3. Even if the card turns up, you have no recourse to make a claim. Most likely it was sold to another buyer who was willing to pay more and now belongs to them and that sucks, I agree. Once again: scumbag seller.

4. Do you really expect a call from PSA or SGC or an auction house if the card surfaces? Why would they? All you are is a disgruntled buyer who lost out on a purchase. It happens.

5. You're gonna need to get thicker skin to survive in this hobby. Shady auctions, shill bidding, welched sales and other disreputable practices are rampant in the vintage card world. Shame the seller and move on.

Best of luck with your collection,
Christopher.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards