View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Derek Granger

Default Rationale for your username

I've seen quite a few interesting usernames on this site over the years and some I haven't been able to figure out.

Two things triggered my desire to start this thread:

(1) during the inaugural Net54 '54 Topps set break webcast, Nick said usernames when declaring the winners of each card, but said "Derek" for my two wins

(2) the recent passing of Anthony resulted in me looking up DB Cooper on Google and learning about events/people that happened/existed before I came into this world. Anthony's use of DB Cooper as his username and the significance of it was completely foreign to me, but probably not to those of you who were alive during the time.

Perhaps you have a story to tell too?

Unfortunately, mine is pretty boring, but maybe you were wondering what in the world h2oya311 stands for. Quite simply, I was a swimmer at Georgetown University back in the late '90s. H2o = water, Georgetown = hoyas ; combine them and there you have it. ...oh and my bday is 3/11. No, I'm not a die-hard 311 fan, although I love the song "Amber", and no, I'm not a member of the kkk (3x 11th letter in the alphabet), or the gang from Las Vegas.

And if you ever asked yourself: "what is a Hoya?", you've simply answered your own question.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)