Thread: Winston and JSA
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 05:49 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
This is a matter of ethics. I understand that a lot of people feel like no one in society has any culpability for anything they do, as long as it is not technically illegal. Mo money, mo money, mo money. That's all that counts.
ethics? who's the arbiter of these ethics? the NCAA? the biggest outcry to come out of this debacle is why shouldn't athletes be able to profit from their own names...no one is siding with the NCAA and their outdated bylaws. and why should JSA have to adhere/answer to the NCAA?

Quote:
You haven't been watching sports talk recently? I consider Florida State washing their hands of him, as him being "screwed", and that's what some are demanding. He's already proven that he's even dumber than Manziel, and Manziel's autograph signings certainly contributed to his draft stock dropping (that means less $$$$, and I would say "being screwed" somewhat).
manziel stock didn't drop, no one rated him as a 1st round talent and many considered it a reach when clev drafted him. if winston's stock tumble, it'll be because his measurables won't be that impressive and of course because of all the stuff he did that broke the law...not because he signed his name a couple thousand times for an autograph dealer.

...and i'm probably the biggest fsu/jameis winston hater on the west coast.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 10-16-2014 at 05:51 PM.