View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Chris

Default 1960s(?) Oddball Mantle - what is this?

For all the negativity there is in this hobby, there are also some really great people. I have been lucky enough to get to know several of them through my addiction to Mantle cards.

One of these hobby buddies sent me an image of this oddball Mantle several months. Neither of us could identify it, but my thought was it was likely cut from a box of some kind in the 60s. I offered him a fair price for it, but he was not ready to part with it. Last week, I got married to an amazing woman. When I got back from my honeymoon, I had a package in the mail from my buddy with a nice wedding card and this oddball Mantle. I could not be happier to add this to my collection.

Although this is a permanent addition to the collection, I am curious as to whether anyone has any insight into what exactly this is or where it came from? It smells old, looks old, and feels old, so I am confident it has at least some age to it.