View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Todd Schultz

I see a few small differences in the 62s, but as I do not collect these, I'm unsure as to whether you would consider them variations.

First, there appears to be a little more space between "No. 5" and his name on one card versus the other. Second, the "y" in Mickey nearly touches the "n" in Yankees on one card, while on the other it does not extend as far and hovers over the "a" instead. Third, "Major League Batting Record" nearly touches the grid in one card but is spaced higher in the other. Fourth and similarly, the numbers within the stats grid are placed differently within the cells. Finally and of course, the blue-sky background is noticeably different in the two cards also.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.