View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus94566 View Post
Amazon is requiring a 90 day return for items sold starting november 1 - basically if you buy something on november 1 you have till the end of january to return it. Amazon really favors the buyers, the sellers be damned.

Ebay probably saw Amazon do this, and tried to do something similar - except they forgot 1 thing, they are not Amazon. Backfired in their faces.

I agree, Ebay is simply lost, they do the stupidest things. My business (not baseball card related) no longer sells on ebay at all, though we do list a limited number of things on Amazon.
I had an Amazon sales rep approach me at the National - it was clear that they considered ebay to be their main competition. I'm sure the 90-day return policy for the holidays was just copying ebay, but to me it seems like a very stupid response: Ebay already has the sellers, which is why they could implement such a stupid policy which is clearly all about the buyer. Amazon, on the other hand, is looking for sellers. Amazon's decision makes no sense, and is just another reason why I won't be using them to sell my collectibles.