View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipperhank44 View Post
I would tend to agree with Leon's assessment, the extremely high end cards have done well for themselves.

I'm not sure that paying market value plus juice and sitting on cards is a wise investment unless you are buying some of the most desirable cards in the hobby. Being well researched and knowing more than your average collector is a far better way to make money in this hobby.
I should clarify my above thought a little. As I see it the technical grades are becoming less important as opposed to eye appeal. And that being said if you are playing the "my points are bigger than your points" registry game, then my thoughts are not meant towards you. I feel the Registry collecting is a little different than what most of us do, which is obtain the best looking card we can. I KNOW there are HIGH grade collectors and that is great if that is what you like, there is nothing wrong with them and they probably hold value a little better than lower grade, overall. But as our hobby matures it seems the eye appeal of cards is what holds value. And lastly I don't see why a small part of your investment strategy can't be cards, they are as good or better than most collectibles (to me anyway ).