View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM

Default Question about PSA "Authentic" grading

I posted this question over on the blowout forums and got zero responses in a 24 hour period. I guess there are just too many prospectors and not enough vintage collectors. So here is my question:

I am putting together the 1948 Bowman set. It's my first true vintage set and I am two cards away. My question is about cards that have been graded as "authentic" by PSA. I have about four cards with this grade. I was concerned that they may have been trimmed and that is why PSA would not put a number grade on them. While surfing ebay for the Berra card though, I came across the following listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-BOWMAN-...item3ce6b2ead4

I noticed that this card is graded "authentic" but it also is noted on the header that it is trimmed. Does PSA do this with all cards that have been graded authentic but trimmed? If that is the case, it would make me feel a lot better about my "authentic" graded cards. I have checked the serial numbers on the slabs and nothing is mentioned about them being trimmed. Just not sure why someone would do that as opposed to simply getting a grade put on there.