View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Bill Gregory

Well, I don't have anything as astonishing as Matt's '52 Mantle, but I did get some nice cards in for my '75 set. I've got some more coming in yet, but I'll share these in the mean time. I've upped my list of cards that I'll have graded from the set to well over 30. I'm working on adding those stars and rookies all in PSA 8 or higher, and the Brewer team set, all near mint or better. I'm also adding some minor stars when I find them in really high quality at a good price. 660 cards is going to be a good exercise of discipline, but I'll get there.

Three graded to start: Hall of Famers Harmon Killebrew and Phil Niekro, and another man I feel will eventually be in the Hall, Dave Parker.

And, some really nice ungraded cards. Recent Hall inductee, and longtime Chicago Cub great Ron Santo. A fine hitter, and an even better defensive third baseman (six consecutive Gold Gloves for the Rangers from 1979 to 1984) Buddy Bell. The 1974 American League MVP, also from the Texas Rangers, Jeff Burroughs. And two former Milwaukee Brewers, a pretty good right handed pitcher who won 32 games between 1978 and 1979, Jim Slaton, and catcher turned right fielder, and fan favorite, Charlie Moore.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 11-12-2014 at 10:18 PM.