View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Fred

Todd,

In a letter written by a BIG hobby veteran to the courts he indicated Mastro told him that "I would do anything to improve the appearance of any item or card".

The following is all speculation: The Ruth could have been submitted to SGC without being cleaned up. The card was shilled and not really sold by Mastro. The card gets cleaned up and submitted to PSA (as a preferential submitter) and the resulting grade netted a much larger bid than before. Tell me if any of that doesn't sound plausible, based on all we've been hearing. Pure speculation, but plausibe. It would be interesting to see WHO purchased that card when it was in the SGC holder.

Auction houses often submit cards for grading for their consigners, I don't find anything strange about that. I do feel the consignor was a bit naive (ok stupid) for 1 - not having an inventory list with him when he brought his cards, and 2 - a bit naive (ok stupid) for accepting a skeletal inventory list.