Thread: ot - card store
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Tim Sanders

Default Not recently

I used to go to shops all the time when I lived out on Long Island. I moved to North West Jersey and was happy to find a local shop - not much vintage but enough to get me in twice a month to get some instant gratification.

The guy was gruff to say the least but rather fair in pricing so I kept going then one day he got all out surly and I have not been back since- that was 9 years ago...

I stopped at the bank and took out some cash (as I had none in my wallet) to get a few cards I saw in my last visit, but they were sold. So not wanting to leave empty handed I picked up a box to bust for fun and paid in cash. When I got in my car I opened up my wallet to take out some cash for gas as my next stop home and noticed $20 was missing from what I had left. So I went back in and told him I think I might have given him an extra $20 by accident and when he counts the till that night if he is over please give me a call. I can still remember his response: " Get the F*&^ out of here before I call the cops you aren't gonna steal from me!"

As much as I want my fix I refuse to go back on principle!!! Wish there was another choice near-by but alas - they are a dying breed.

Last edited by T2069bk; 12-06-2014 at 06:53 AM.