View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Bry@n

Yeah, you have international shipping listed as an option even though you wrote US bidders only. I think you probably have to ship the item.

Ebay told you that you can't send an invoice because the buyer has agreed to pay fees that you can't see. They pay the $75 price plus the $10 shipping to get it to Ebay in the US. Then Ebay has also charged them extra for import duties and shipping to Canada (amounts that you never see). Hence you can't send an invoice because it will be for $75 + $10 and not the total amount the buyer actually owes Ebay.

If you don't want to use global shipping you must be sure to click the "no international shipping" button for each listing. PLUS - be careful not to click that option and then try to use the up/down arrow to scroll the page because this changes your selection if you haven't first clicked on something else. This mistake has happened to me. I imagine it is also responsible for a lot of the complaints on this board along the lines of "WTF!?!?! STUPID EBAY TURNED GLOBAL SHIPPING ON FOR ME!!!!" I know that was my reaction when I first saw a few changed listings. It may also be that Ebay can enroll you in Global Shipping if they feel like it - others have mentioned this as a possibility.

Good luck. I can tell you that I used the program to send an item to Singapore that I intended for US sale only and everything went smoothly.

Last edited by Jobu; 12-06-2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo & additional details