View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
Mr. Daddy
I do not want to ruffle feathers but you say you are buyer for a museum, is there a name to it or a theme for it? It seems to me that the term museum is a bit arbitrary--somewhat akin to those of us that have a crucifix or menorah in our homes calling ourselves a church or temple. I could not conceive of making an offer of this amount for this item or any item without more info and scrutiny about it. I have been collecting for 45 years and have never made that large of a purchase without due diligence, of course if you are a buyer for a museum you may not be using your hard earned money but those of your backers or customers or maybe even corporate or government grants to purchase items or even this item...good luck I envy you if that is the case and I think of all I could do with others money!
I also think you will find most , if not all of the members here have museum quality items in our collections, but we call them collections not museums .
So forgive me if I have been impolite questioning you and your museum statement among other statements you posted but you see skepticism comes with the hobby.
+1 Excelient post Dr. K!