View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Mike F.

I think everyone basically answered it. As long as you got your package to the global shipping center in Kentucky in a timely manner, Ebay treats it as a done deal. After contents are verified, you get positive feedback, same as a smooth domestic transaction.

That being said, I recently cancelled four deals that had to go global shipping because the buyers belatedly asked if I could cancel, because $15.32 shipping and handling was too much to pay on an item that sold for $1.00. (dont know why they agreed to the S/h fees in the first place)

But...I agreed in principle with the buyers. So I gave a refund and agreed to mutually cancel the deals.

If the buyer requests a total before they pay, the seller can opt out of global shipping and give their quote for shipping and send directly to the buyer & prepare customs forms. Just like before.

I re-posted the listings on ebay, with high BIN prices and best offer format knowing I would accept previous buyers offers. The same buyers bought the same cards and, in those cases, the buyers saved about $12.00 each because I charged about $3.00 to ship.

Global shipping is probably great for big ticket items but with $1-$10 cards it kills international sales.