View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Brad Francis

I am not sure why everyone is freaking out about shipping to Canada. My heck, its not like it is East Germany or USSR in the 50's. It is no different than shipping within the US, you just have to fill out a form at the counter declaring the value of the item and what the contents are. It takes about three seconds. Always ask for a tracking number and your all set.

Don't use UPS because they charge the buyer crazy customs fees upon delivery. Regular USPS post for small items, and no customs issues at all.

It is nothing to be "scared of". I always find it strange when a seller writes, "will not ship to Canada!!!". Why not. I have lived a lot in both countries and also have done a lot of Ebay business from both. Maybe I am missing something but what is the big deal. Why even bother using Ebay's international service, it is not worth it for items to Canada, and just another money grab for them.

A few cards in a small bubble mailer will cost you maybe $5 to ship to Canada, and no extra customs fees for the anyone. Ebay international program for Canada is charging extra fees "illegally" in my opinion, because unless it is a large size and large ticket item, Canada post will not even charge a single penny for customs or duty tax to the buyer.

Forgive me, but I hear words like "scared" and "afraid" in reference to shipping to Canada and I have to laugh a little. There are a lot of wealthy baseball card collectors in Canada and you are missing out on sales because your afraid to take a few seconds to fill out a form stating "WHAT IS INSIDE THE BOX". Good grief!

Last edited by marvymelvin; 12-08-2014 at 11:09 PM.