View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 06:40 PM
pariah1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCabron View Post
Here's the text on the back of his Claxton. His notes were usually interesting and fairly comprehensive for such a small amount of text. This one has a nice little biography of Claxton, including "Colored - tried to pass as Indian." Also includes date and place of birth and death, as well as dates of PCL playing career. Personally, I like his notes and would rather have a Zeenut with his writing on it than one with a perfect blank back. I'm probably in the minority, though.

-Ryan

JAW ON FLOOR!!!! Very well done by this recorder. Does anyone have an idea of what he meant by "REL 6/3/16". I can't find Claxton in Oakland after the doubleheader 5/28 until 1919. Damn those references.

On a not entirely unrelated note Claxton was also a semi-professional fighter, who fought under a couple names, as a welterweight "Kid Claxton" in March, and April of 1919 shortly before the Shasta Limiteds season began. And as middleweight 'Darkhorse Claxton" in Reno, Nevada March 1937. His confirmable record according to BoxRec.com is 1-1.

You share, I should do the same.

Last edited by pariah1107; 12-12-2014 at 06:44 PM.