View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Curt

This reminded me of a couple of jerseys that sold on ebay many years back. They were advertised as prototypes for a new San Diego Padres design that never made the cut. There were three different listed at the same time. All had no player name on the back, but each had the #6. I couldn't say for sure if the era was ever right, but it would seem too coincidental that #6 was selected if it were not Garvey's time frame with the team. They were made by Rawlings. I won 2 of the 3. If I remember, the coolest design in my opinion was the one I lost. Not sure if they are the real deal or not, but have never seen anything like them since. I know very little about authentic uniforms. Hell, these could even be from some high school team for all I know…

I have not thought about them for years, but broke them out to photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
At one time I had a prototype San Diego uniform made for Garvey, but never worn. It was from the mid-'80s I believe. It was tan with orange pinstripes, made by Sand Knit I think. They were never used, of course.

I traded it to a dealer in Orange County about 10 years ago. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Last edited by mrmopar; 12-23-2014 at 09:41 PM.