View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Bernie

Big Train

FWIW, I would agree with having it authenticated, if nothing else for liquidity, but I just would not go through a lot of hassle to do it (ie would choose a local or nearby show vs mailing) Worst case regret is that an heir, not knowing, falls prey to a con artist and is told not to bother or under sells it. I suggest that, if you believe it is real (which I think you do) and you have favorable opinions, which I also believe you do, it becomes a necessary evil for future liquidity of the asset. As you (should) know, It will cost the better part of $300 for a cert. I do not have enough data to say that either PSA or JSA should do it, but, again, quoting from my personal experience and facts, I was far more impressed with JSA III's COA ability to identify 18 of 21 signatures on my ball (not an easy task and something that takes minutes, or in my case a couple of hours) This may be more appropriate for a multi signed ball, (PSA only lists HOFs and they did miss Pennock) so take it with a grain of salt.