View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:23 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
One thing I try never to forget is that a transaction takes place between two willing people, and willingness doesn't necessarily boil down to finances. More important to me when it comes to hobby dealings, is my sanity. I simply will not deal with buyers or sellers or traders who are annoying, rude, obnoxious, cheap, overly demanding, whiny, etc. (not saying you are that way, just listing my negative criteria). If a person comes across that way before the transaction is consummated, I cut it off there. When I make a deal with someone like that, the one deal is the last one we do. When I see someone behaving like a troll elsewhere I refuse to deal with them when approached. I'd rather forego the income than deal with the nonsense. Besides, the item will sell elsewhere anyway. Another thing I try to bear in mind is that there are many other people out there who I haven't dealt with but who are reading these posts and might be taking their cues from them. Wouldn't want my whining and obnoxiousness to turn them off from dealing with me.

I hear ya.....if you see my first post..i just saying that ebay is the elephant in the room so WHEN I make an offer to someone I am aware they can always sell on ebay which should be beneficial to a seller when an offer is made...

when you say 'the item will sell elsewhere anyway' that means you really are paying attention to the money actually, what if it wont sell? I assuming from the post you would be in the 'just keep it category' so the fact it will or wont sell really wouldn't matter to you....

there are listings on ebay for years based on some sellers not taking a reasonable offer because they not like the buyer...(not saying you are that way)

I don't think this thread talks about anyone being hard to deal with..just talks about the fact that ebay is always present......no right or wrong way...

in other sales transactions ebay just isn't the ultimate counteroffer....lots of b/s/t trade posts then end with 'off to ebay' ...i am assuming the seller didn't think the offers that came in on net54 would beat ebay...thus the ultimate counteroffer...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-28-2014 at 12:24 PM.