View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Heritage is stating that these items are in PREVIEW and are for "amusement" purposes. They have done this before and much has been made of it here on 54. Even though they claim they have full letters from the TPA's they as of yet might not have them, based on previous claims of Heritage.
According to their rules, they can remove these items if they feel they are not authentic.
Talk amongst yourselves.

ps. Irony here, I have been banned by Heritage yet my post is sort of explaining what they are doing with these lots.
Thanks, Richard. They succeeded with their "amusement". I don't buy any such disclaimer from them; however, if a preview like this leads to discussion which leads to removal, I'm all for it.

To me the most important point regarding these high-dollar items, is that no one who studies Net54 regularly will ever knowingly get burned by any such auction (I chose ALL of my previous words quite carefully ). Prior to laying out the big $$$, we will either know the item is good based on our own research, or we will rely on comments here to help with our decision.

No AH can complain about memorabilia discussions here, as that's why we are here. They have to take the bad with the good, and if they are honest, the good will outweigh the bad. No, they are aiming this stuff at people with lots of money who do not read this forum - people who take the JSA or PSA certificate as meaning that the item is good. We hear people all the time say, when an item's authenticity is questioned: "It has a PSA [or JSA] letter", as if that closes the discussion.

I love having real autographs - I wish more autograph collectors thought it was important.