View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Jay Cee

Default Who looks at Hauls Of Shame website

I spent sometime on their website http://haulsofshame.com/index.php

After reading and looking at tons of pictures and articles. I would be scared to buy most anything of value from the 19th century from any auction company. Seems there are a ton of stolen collections from libraries, musuems, and personal collections being circulated in the market.

Many big name people are mentioned in multiple articles. Barry Halper and Rob Lifston with REA leading the way. Ive read about the sites owner Peter Nash past, as its not good at all. A movie comes to mind called catch me if you can starring Tom Hanks and Leonardo Decaprio.

I would imagine that statue of limitations would apply on both a state and Federal level. Looking at the years of when many thefts occured it would not surprise me a bit if more "fresh material" hits the market this decade as longtime collectors have past away and their family members are looking to sell.

Does thrid party grading companies have a responsibility to not only assign a grade to the condition of the card and if its real or not, but should they also ensure its not on the "HOT" list which the Feds and Police put out??

Last edited by BeanTown; 01-19-2015 at 02:13 PM.