View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGold View Post
When I previewed the auction, I only looked at the T206s graded SGC 70 or higher. I thought the cards looked fairly graded.

As I watched the auction, I was surprised to see how nice the SGC 60s and lower graded looked. In a lot of cases, I felt those cards had greater eye appeal than the higher graded ones. But alas, I was buying the labels not the cards, so I limited my bidding to the higher graded.

There were very few cards graded SGC 80 or near mint. The vast majority of the cards were mid grade. I can't quite understand how an unbiased collector could look at this group of cards and not see them as Excellent.
pon·tif·i·cate

verb

verb: pontificate; 3rd person present: pontificates; past tense: pontificated; past participle: pontificated; gerund or present participle: pontificating

/pänˈtifiˌkāt/

1. (in the Roman Catholic Church) officiate as bishop, especially at Mass.

2. express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.
"he was pontificating about art and history"

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.