View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
On cards or items over $250, you have to have signature confirmation, tracking will not help---ebay and paypal require a signature or you will lose your case unless they have a signature---Delivery confirmation doesnt count with tracking---you need the signature, that is why they lost the case along with many other ebay sellers---always use signature confirmation if you want to protect yourself from scammers.
I don't agree. Anyone can sign for a delivery confirmation. Husbands signs for wife, parent signs for child, etc.. There are many times someone signs the name on the package and not their own name. Delivery confirmation does NOT prove a package was delivered to the person it was destined for.

For example, my mother signs my name to a package for me. I say I didn't get it is not my handwriting on the pink slip. Now what, you have to pay?

Now Restricted Delivery is another thing. In that case, ONLY the person who the package is destined for can sign for it and they need proper Identification to do so.

Ebay's case is very weak (if indeed they ever had a case) and certainly did not protect the seller here. What a crock!

Last edited by 1963Topps Set; 01-23-2015 at 07:07 PM.