View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963Topps Set View Post
I don't agree. Anyone can sign for a delivery confirmation. Husbands signs for wife, parent signs for child, etc.. There are many times someone signs the name on the package and not their own name. Delivery confirmation does NOT prove a package was delivered to the person it was destined for.

For example, my mother signs my name to a package for me. I say I didn't get it is not my handwriting on the pink slip. Now what, you have to pay?

Now Restricted Delivery is another thing. In that case, ONLY the person who the package is destined for can sign for it and they need proper Identification to do so.

Ebay's case is very weak (if indeed they ever had a case) and certainly did not protect the seller here. What a crock!
What I am saying it that Ebay and Paypal need signature confirmation on any item over $250---if you dont get the signature, they will side with the buyer on all cases---it has to be signature confirmation---Delivery confirmation doesnt cut it with ebay , they want the signature.