View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM
Chuck Tapia

Default Watch first 30 sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHk4_AHMyZw

this is how I remember seeing him from 1990-1993, when our seats were on the same club level. This movie is from 1974, and I think he actually got better at signing 15 years later? I didn't care about autographs then and I am sorry I never took pictures. I did get many autographs from 1970-1973, when I sat on the field level with gramps.( I sat next to Casey Stengel in 1971 and he signed my program 3 times, but that's for any day. I was 10)

My friend does swear that when I took him to the game, he got Campy's signature on a ball. He still has it. I looked at it a few years ago when I visited him and it looked remarkably good.

Like I said, I remember him moving his hands pretty well, as he was always shaking peoples hands. I just had my mouth opened and stared mostly. While I remember the stamp, his wife signing & apparently he signed as well.

I know there are some photos floating around of him signing the leather panels of the backward stitched balls he did for scoreboard with the machine (Maybe Ken G. has some photos or info to add?)

The funny thing is, from my memories, I think he signed better with-out the stupid machine, but it allowed him to sign more items and for a longer period of time. Anyway, I just loved the guy and still do.