View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Thanks again all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Shaun, again, heartiest of congratulations on completing your Bond Bread Jackie Robinson set. Sharing your joy, journey and research has been enjoyable, interesting, enlightening, and endearing. Some characters are just an oozing braggadocio, and wouldn't lift a finger to give us research info. The way you've shared with us has been refreshing and makes me feel very glad for you. Where for some of us, including myself, who cannot hope to even secure one of he cards, but find the set fascinating nonetheless, we're sure proud of you. ---Brian Powell
Thanks Brian! I'm really hoping to put the final pieces together shortly. Once I do, I look forward to sharing everything that I've gathered to shed more light on this set with the boards and in the hobby.

IMO, that's one of the best things about this hobby. After all, we are celebrating moments in history, and it's enthralling to learn and share with others intriguing information about the sport we all love.

The images in this set pull you in, and knowing that Jackie's deal with Bond Bread paved the way for other African-American baseball players to secure endorsement deals with companies that had in the past targeted a predominantly white customer-base makes this set all the more historically significant.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards