View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Brad Francis

Thanks Curt. I am surprised that something with 1500 copies, that is an attractive display, complete with Mays signature doesn't have more information that is out there. There are 1499 other people with this set in their hands, I would think that at least a few of which are on this board, or have at least posted a comment somewhere.

Pictures just look funny because of the nature of the etching on brass. Up close and in person it is stunning, and me not already having a Mays signature I chose this one as my Mays autograph. I guess if there are no takers at 99.00 on the eBay example, value is whatever I think I would want to pay. 50.00 to 75.00 ish. It was part of the estate collection, we just didn't know how to value it into the final price.

Any other suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I can't give you anything you don't already have from your set and the auction, but Topps did sell a bunch of stuff directly in the 90s through their Members Only club I believe. I remember nearly pulling the trigger on a special set of those basketball rookie reprint cards that were inserts in the mid 90s, but thinking it was too much i eventually passed.

I also have some larger Topps card reprints in some sort of bronze like material. I want to say they were maybe 4x6. I bought them on ebay years back. There were 4-5 different and I think Mays was one of them. Maybe a 64 Topps card. i'll have to find them to know more.