View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 10:00 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

thanks guys! yes, primarily a psa set registry participant, but not completely brand loyal there. I do have a some bvg and sgc cards peppered through out the collection. while I think psa does hold the tightest grading standards, there are /have been several major slips ups. from the honus, to the fraudulent magie error that was slabbed and a whole host of other issues and questionable grades. nobody's perfect, though. I certainly am not!

as for my collecting goals, that's a good question...i'm primarily a vintage collector and stick to the regular issued cards (no highlights, record breakers, etc). but for 2015, i'd like to finish banging out my mantle and berra sets in 8's or better with an emphasis on centered cards. i'd like to just do 9's, but they just rarely come up and when they do, they dont meet my personal centering demands considering the money they command. lately, ive been picking up a lot of 6's and 7's that to me should be 8's or better. ie. this aaron. they just dont get added to my registry sets, but garner just as much love and appreciation from me!!

other constant goals are my nolan ryan sets and picking up vintage golf cards and yes, even wrestling cards. i'd love to find a centered 9 in an '82 Hogan. not sure if there are many golf collectors on this board, but if so lemme know.

i also enjoy picking up oddball cards. anything from nasty nick, to curly and the stooges, to anything really off the wall...will post a few of my favs, if yall dont mind....