View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 04:23 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I understand the OP's disgust in someone trying to sell his card. For me it is only bad if the card is not for sale by the OP.

I think it is pretty slimy myself but trying to profit on someone else's card(s) has become very common.

Example: Person A is selling a T206 Cobb for $200. Person B thinks wow I can get $300 for that card. Instead of taking the risk of buying the card they shop it around to others saying it is available at $300. Person B finds a buyer(person C) at $300 so they buy the card from Person A and then ship it to person C for a $100 -shipping profit. It takes all the risk out of selling cards because you never own them or have $ invested.

Easier said that done. We all see potential buyers back out of deals....you could end up buying the card you did not own yet then think you are going to sell the card to that new buyer ..but the new buyer back out..and now you stuck with the card....not sure why someone would risk it...if that new buyer (person C in the example )was willing to pay more cash than most..that new buyer probably will already find the item on own since paying more than the norm anyway....I just don't see this happening often since the new buyer will find the card on their own and /or theres too much risk of the new buyer backing out for the middle buyer to purchase..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-08-2015 at 04:23 PM.