View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:41 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
Thank you this was very helpful information.
Yeah, my goal is to inform, not challenge you not to send cards in. Definitely send cards in; start with a couple of hundred, and then see what happens. Those are just my lessons learned from six months on being on the site and reading the COMC board over at blowoutcards forums.

It's good for selling $2-20 cards that you don't want to list individually on eBay. But for like the 1989 Fleer Randy Johnson rookie (blacked out ad), they might have 100+ on site with the cheapest being 53cents. That means the seller is really only getting 3 cents off the cards after paying the 50 cents fees. After selling some cards, you'll get the hang of what sells and what sits. Some people use their free sales weeks (Black Friday, Christmas/Boxing Day, Spring Cleaning?, National) to put all their cards on sale 20-75% off. Those are the days that you use your store credit to buy back in on cheaper cards and reprice for higher (flip). I normally scour the most recently added cards, and pick off the ones I see as undervalued.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.