View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:13 PM

Jim, I thought of an interesting idea. I wish it could happen---honest.

One of the cards I would have liked to have seen in the T-206 set is Joe Jackson. Seeing that the illustrious T-206 was issued from 1909--1911, that would make your 1911 photo plausible as a fantasy T-206 card. Done in a nicely cropped portrait, colorized in the rich gentle colors used in the set, showing the "C", with a pretty maroon background (or some color that contrasts nicely with the colorized portrait, but not the yellow of Nap Lajoie's portrait--give Joe his own background color), and Piedmont backside advertisement. Joe's youthful, exuberant smile melts your heart. It would make a perfect card. I know it.

The firm that did the Cracker Jack Babe Ruth fantasy for the National a couple years ago, then the 34-36 Batter-Ups for the National last year, would be the right people to make this card come to life. Have Joe Orlando and PSA get behind it and do their exclusive limited graded run of 500 numbered copies, with you being given any 5 cert numbers as a thank you for letting them borrow your photograph to do the card.

Anyway, the idea was kickin' around my head in the middle of the night. Just thought I'd share it with you, bro.

Regardless, thank you pal for sharing with us your great auction kill while the others slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 03-22-2015 at 05:02 PM.