View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Belltown Vintage

Rhys, I'm really surprised at this. I've been buying from Clean Sweep for years, and he's been extremely easy to work with. My last communication with him was over an April Fool's email he sent me which was very impressive and completely got me. We aren't personal friends or anything, but he likes to have fun with the hobby as much as the next guy, and that earns points with me.

As far as business communications, he once saw a thread on here about high shipping costs and either sent me a refund or a new invoice - I forget which - despite the fact that his auction house was not specifically mentioned. He's not perfect, but I have no problem dealing with him.

I think your situation was an anomaly, as Steve is generally easy to get along with. Some small AH's are notoriously hard to deal with, and you always have to wear kid gloves, but even the worst of them are actually EASY to get along with if you adjust your communication to their idiosyncrasies.

I have to also say that Rhys is very easy to get along with and probably has zero issues dealing with people who the rest of us have to be careful with, so my response here is no reflection on him - I just feel that I should give Steve a little backing since he's been helpful to me in the past.

Last edited by Runscott; 03-24-2015 at 04:38 PM.