View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 01:00 PM
T.e.d. B.r.o.w.n.

Default N172 Old Judge Realistic Market Value Opinions

Hi All,

I am looking to obtain a realistic market value for some N172 Old Judge Cards shown below for insurance appraisal reasons. I have been to CardTarget, used Vintage Card Price Guides and have searched the web and am having trouble finding some of the cards to put a value on them and am simply looking for your opinions.

All cards are 100% original and were all obtained at the same time. I have traded Joe Gonsowski one of the cards (not shown) and I know that Joe was happy with the card and did not have any issues getting it graded. I have also sold another card (not shown) to Keith Olbermann and he was pleased as well. I have spoken with Jay Miller a few times on the cards, but not about value, and am hoping that he will share his knowledge. Joe and Jay, I really do value and respect your input. I owe you both several beers.

Amos Rusie: 395-5 Bat at Ready Nearly Horizontal
Buck Ewing: 149-3 Throw, Right Hand Waist High at Side
California Brown: 45-2 In Mask, Catch, Hands Chest High
Charles Brynan: 47-4 End of Pitch, Right Hand Stretched Forward
Dandelion Pfeffer: 366-2 Throw, Right Hand Neck High
Dick Buckley: 49-4 Bat at Ready Nearly Vertical, Looking at Camera
Dummy Hoy: 238-4 Throw, Right Hand in Rear above Head
George Gore: 196-2 Throw, Right Hand Head in Rear
Jack Glasscock: 191-2 Hands on Knees
Jack McGeachy: 310-1 Bat in Right Hand at Side
James Keenan: 253-3 Bat at Ready Nearly Vertical
Joe Sommers: 429-3 Throw Right, Hand Neck High
Lev Shreve: 418-2 Pitch, Ball in Hand at Chest High
Lewis Jumbo Schoeneck: 404-1 Bat at Ready, Looking at Camera
Ned Williamson: 502-3 Throw, Right Hand Chin High
Thomas Deasley: 121-2 Sliding Horizontal

Low resolution images of the cards can be viewed in a second post here. I have also uploaded them for higher resolution images that you can zoom in, for a better look. Please follow this link: https://plus.google.com/photos/10217...89353322770545

Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time.

Ted