View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Dan Mabey

Default 1963 Post #152 HANK AARON ERROR CARD

As promised, I am sharing the image of the 1963 Post #152 Hank Aaron ERROR card destined to be part of the 7-card panel from Oat Flakes 15 ounce. As documented in "Postage Due", the entire line of this specific variety and size of cereal was dropped shortly before rollout of the promotion. The withdrawal of Oat Flakes 15 ounce is responsible for the majority of scarce short prints in the set.

The 7-card panel contains Chuck Cottier, Ken Hubbs, Lee Thomas, Charlie James, Hank Aaron (with a photo of Tommie), John Powell, and Tom Haller. I own the original copy art/paste-up with edits and strike-outs noted by Howard T. Slutz. Slutz worked with Mssrs Fred Smart, Turner, and Bill Betts in the Post cereal Art Department located in Battle Creek, Michigan.

The card image is extracted directly from the original copy art, and colorized to duplicate the format of the entire set. I trust that my fellow Post and JELL-O enthusiasts will act responsibly in enjoying the image. Please be mindful that I secured, and have on record, written authorization from Post and parent organization attorneys to portray the 1961-63 Post cereal baseball cards solely for hobby illustrative purposes. In other words, do not counterfeit the Aaron error card for personal gain.

KEEP ME POSTED!

Dan Mabey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1963 Post Aaron0002.jpg (80.1 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by keepmeposted; 04-09-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Concern over misuse of image