View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Al Richter

Default Dyanmite magazine Topps panels

I agree with Steve the cards are real Topps cards. I also agree you can not complete a set with them and I am not aware of any master checklist of cards that appeared in the magazine, although it occurred I think in both the 70s and 80s ( not positive about the 80s) .

Bob Lemke had listed several of these panels in the SCD Standard Catalog, and the pre 1980 panels were still in the 2013 edition. The 78 panel with Murray and 5 others is one of the listed panels under 1978 Topps. It lists it at $ 60 in NRM, but that price is purely speculative. It also lists list 2 other 78 panels. It list 2 panels for 1979. It also lists 2 panels for 1977 and one for 1976.

These listings are not complete. I have come across other panels for those years in trying to run down the ones listed in the Catalog. I have run down all the panels listed in SCD but for one from 1979 that as listed in SCD has Sexton/Ellis/Schultz/Thompson/Reynolds. If anyone has it and wants to sell it, it would satisfy an itch of mine to complete the list of those in the Catalog. My other option is to talk the current editor Tom Bartsch into removing them from the Catalog

If anyone knows of a full checklist of all panels that appeared in the magazine that would be welcomed as well