View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
I remember that one - June of 1968, I think. Those were the days. I'll bet Carson liked lawyer jokes, divorced three times in a community property state. I wonder if the thread will ever be "graced" with a scan of the card in question.
I was channel surfing and stumbled across an infomercial selling Carson's shows in a dvd set. One clip had Carson do a magic trick for a boy who was about 6-8 years old. Carson liked magic tricks, and he put a quarter in his own hand, showed it to the boy, and through slight of hand made the quarter " disappear ". The kid was amazed, and excitedly said, " how did you make the money disappear "? Carson did not miss a beat and said, " You get married three times ". Too funny! McMahon, of course, roar's in the background.

Must be nice stumbling onto a Bowman rookie Mantle card, found in dad's/granddad's closet or where ever it was. Chest of drawers, the attic, the basement, closets, briefcase, envelopes, tin cans, it's amazing where rookie Mantles turn up. It's almost like it's too good to be true.....

Last edited by KCRfan1; 04-21-2015 at 08:49 PM.