View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
I was channel surfing and stumbled across an infomercial selling Carson's shows in a dvd set. One clip had Carson do a magic trick for a boy who was about 6-8 years old. Carson liked magic tricks, and he put a quarter in his own hand, showed it to the boy, and through slight of hand made the quarter " disappear ". The kid was amazed, and excitedly said, " how did you make the money disappear "? Carson did not miss a beat and said, " You get married three times ". Too funny! McMahon, of course, roar's in the background.

Must be nice stumbling onto a Bowman rookie Mantle card, found in dad's/granddad's closet or where ever it was. Chest of drawers, the attic, the basement, closets, briefcase, envelopes, tin cans, it's amazing where rookie Mantles turn up. It's almost like it's too good to be true.....
Card was actually displayed on his desk where he practiced for probably 25-30 years. He always had it in a 1.5 inch thick mint maker case. I always urged him to send it in but he never was concerned. I had a feeling it would become mine. He also had 2 ruth balls, a 36 yankee ball and many other mantle cards. He also had 2 children and many other nieces and nephews. I was lucky to get one piece from him. I will be forever grateful.