View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowadoc77 View Post
After 3 years straight of going to the National Sports Card Collectors Convention and feeling absolute sensory overload, I was wondering what could be done for those who maybe don't have 3 days to just aimlessly wander the aisles. I will not have as much time to go this year, and my kids want me to take time to look at the new shiny football stuff they collect, so it leaves me with not a lot of time to look at old baseball. So, I propose this...
A database that any dealer who wants to may participate in showing a vague description of what they have. I am no expert on spreadsheets or databases, but it would be great to know that table 2155 has some E98 cards, or table 111 has a ton of T205s. It could feature a section for common-type cards as well as big names. This may also help the dealers as many dealers bring a lot more than they can fit in their display cases and if people don't ask, the stuff never sees the floor and just gets packed up and taken home. Just a thought and I am curious what others think of this idea.
I love the idea. It's a great one. However, getting it done could be very difficult due to (many) dealers having to do "anything". Most people would rather be on the sidelines and not have to take action, from my experience. Much like this board, there are far, far more lurkers than participants. It's human nature. Closer to the National we always have threads concerning vintage dealers and their inventories, especially ones who frequent this board (not a large percentage, probably, but still something). If anyone wants to spearhead this kind of project this board will help anyway it can. However, the spearheading will need another leader.

That all being said, I sometimes enjoy wandering aimlessly through aisles of (all) cards and sports memorabilia stuff....I don't do it often but it's fun when I do.

Last edited by Leon; 04-22-2015 at 08:28 AM.