View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
this will probably come off in a negative tone, but:

your uncle had other cards and mantles, however had the 51 rook sitting on his desk for years and you wound up with it, not his kids?

grace!
His two kids got everything my man. They are my first cousins, grew up together. They each got a couple hundred thousand (cash and items)... like I said 2 ruth balls, a 36 yankee ball and tons of other cards... I know there was a 53 mantle in there as well.

I used to bring my friends from 4th 5th 6th grade to his office downtown just to go see the real deal rookie card. The year topps did the mantle reprints that everyone was chasing I was 11 or 12. I would take my friends down there on our bikes just to see the card. He knew I loved it.

His house that they are selling is on the market for 500k and the office building he owned is on the market for 725k....

I'm sure they aren't butthurt that he left me a card that I admired as a child that they know I will keep AND is worth nothing compared to his fortune left.

And his kids one male one female... do not care for sports whatsoever. So take it for what thats worth.