View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Al Richter

Default Dynamite cards v regular issue

Marty---sorry to take so long to get back on this.

SCD lists 3 of the Dynamite card panels for 1978 in the 2011 Catalog, the last catalog to list post 1980 issues. There may have been other panels in other issues that year, but those were the only ones listed in SCD, so the only ones I sought out.

I picked one card from each panel I had to compare with the cards in my regular set...Fred Lynn (320), Reggie Jackson All Star ( 200) and the above mentioned Murray (36). All seem identical, front and back, including the sheet designations on the back ( 2 As and 1 B). I did not check yet to see if the same holds true for my 77 and 79 panels, but assume it will. I am not a sheet guy so do not know if a full sheet would show that the 6 card panels match up with how you would find them on a full sheet, but assume so.

The Murray panel appears in issue number 47. No date appears on the cover, but advertising for the upcoming June issue indicates it would be number 49, so assume the Murray was in April The panel is folded such that two cards appear just inside the front cover and 4 card, including Murray, appear just inside the back cover