View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Default Best way to sell signed baseballs

I have 20, maybe 30 single signed baseballs and a few autographed yellow HOF plaques. I got most of them in person at card shows and Yankee Fan Festivals in the late 1980's or early 1990's. I am trying to free up some closet space and better focus my collecting interests. I haven't looked at most of these in over 20 years, so I am going to sell them. My question is should I get them authenticated?

The ones I got in person I know are good. The ones I purchased on the secondary market are likely good because when I purchased them, they were cheap autographs so not likely popularly counterfeited. For example, if I purchased a Pee Wee Reese at a card show for $30 where Reese was the autograph guest at the previous show at that location, it is very unlikely that my Reese is bad.

What do you folks think? Nothing crazy just mostly HOFers like Kaline, Aaron, Mize, Gehringer, Reese, Wilhelm, Hunter, Buck Leonard, Judy Johnson, Yogi and Whitey. Should I pay the $25-30 and have them authenticated? I know that would make them easier to sell, but is it worth the expense? I will likely sell some here on BST, but is ebay the best option or are there AH's that would sell HOF's like that?
Thank you very much in advance for any advice,
David