View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Pat R

If anything else, what we have learned from this thread (before it went off on other tangents), printers resort to many DOUBLE-PRINTS (D-P), or even TRIPLE-PRINTS to fill out a sheet of cards.

What your various T206 back lists identify is the number of SUBJECTS, but what they do NOT account for is the number of DOUBLE-PRINTED cards of these subjects on a particular sheet.

For examples......

The 34 - HINDU Southern Leaguer subjects may have been printed on a basic 36-card sheet with 2 Southern Leaguers have been D-P (or instance Revelle and Shaughnessy are 2 guys that
have greater population numbers).

DITTO for the 34 - SWEET CAP 150, F#649 subjects. Matty (white cap) and Johnson are likely candidates for D-P. So are Davis, Marquard, and Powers.

And, take this from my experience completing an all-SOVEREIGN set....the 66 apple green subjects (which include the 6 super-prints) were most likely printed on a 72-card (or larger) sheet
because the 6 super prints were D-P.

I know this for a fact, since in the process of putting together this particular group I found more of these super-prints than the other 60 subjects in this Series. Here is my simulated sheet of
these 66 guys......

v................................................. ....... Six super-prints ............................................v

TED Z