View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 12:18 PM
Steve Birmingham

So here's my card that was rejected as miscut. Decent but not perfect corners, within spec for size.

But the top and bottom cut look like this from the back. The result of a dull blade or worn backing strip in the papercutter.

Bounced only because I checked off the don't slab as A option. And a great example of why I don't like the straight up "A". The card is factory, and not altered. As it is, someone could make their own decision about the rough cut and if they'd be ok having it in their collection. With a straight "A" it would be assumed to be altered and probably trimmed. And there's currently a large price difference between the two.

So why just "A" if it gets slabbed, but a flip with a nice explanation if it's not? That doesn't make much sense to me.

This one is pretty near AB narrow, and is only a 40 because of a paper inclusion that allowed a tiny wear spot in the ink on the front.

Technically it makes sense, except for the size thing.
I don't have a scan of the one rejected for min size, and actually misplaced it a couple years ago and haven't found it yet

Steve B