View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 02:12 PM
Steve Birmingham

The silver chain looks like a fairly high quality version of that chain. Not every company put their name on the connector. The same company would have made the chains in chrome and brass, and maybe a few other finishes.

I don't have any of these so I can't compare the chains, but if you look on Ebay for "1960's keychain" there's a bunch with brass chains. Most look to be around $10 And if you go to flea markets you might find one for under a buck.

Or, if it just has to be a brass chain but not necessarily an old one, that sort of chain is still made as the pullchain for lights. I picked up some at the local hardware store for I think $2-3 for three feet. If your local doesn't have it I probably have a bit of it somewhere with the right "Patina" that I could just send.

If someone has a good pic of the original chain I might even have an exact match, the same chain manufacturer probably made chains for nearly everyone. Keychain places, lamp places, Somehow I think there's somewhere else that stuff was used but it's not coming to mind.

Steve B