View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 08:49 PM

Default 1948 Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field Snapshots**SOLD**

7 snapshots of Wrigley Field. Each deckled edge photo measures approximately 4.5 inches by 3.5 inches.

Some writing on back indicating from 1940s and one says from 1946 or 1947. However, I am pretty sure these are from either the July 21st or July 22nd 1948 game against the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Under magnification on the scoreboard it shows the following teams playing - National League - Brooklyn vs. Cubs, Philly vs. Pittsburgh, NY vs. St. Louis and Boston vs. Cincy. American League - White Sox vs. Boston, St Louis vs. Philly, Cleveland vs. NY and Detroit vs. Washington. There are no scores shown as evidently none of the games had started yet. Based on a quick review of retrosheet, the above teams all played on 7/21/48 and 7/22/48. Additionally, the 7/21 game was a doubleheader for the Cubs.

In one of the photos there is a Dodgers player about ready to enter the visitor's dugout and I can make out Dodgers on his uniform.

In one picture a woman fan is holding up a scorecard but it is the inside showing so I cant distinguish what year style of cubs program it is.

Price SOLD

Last edited by patricka; 06-23-2015 at 05:18 PM.