View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 PM

Hello - thanks all for the replies and apologies for not getting back to the post sooner. Not disappointed at all in finding out they're Milwaukee County Stadium seats - I do think it's odd they'd be in Brooklyn, but then again a good portion of the population here if from somewhere else. I'd also assume it's safe to bet some of the chairs sold through Mastro/Legendary over the years as Yankee Stadium seats were in fact Milwaukee seats repainted. This style matches exactly - can't see a difference besides Milwaukee top seat slats having the seat number carved in.

Mike (or anyone else), I'd be interested in replacement slats if you had some. I was going to make some on the band saw but if they exist pre-made, that would be a time saver! Some of the slats should be fine with an epoxy fill and a sanding - prime/paint etc. Thanks for the great options regarding feet as well - the current ones seem pretty solid but will have to be bent back a bit.

John E. - love the idea of preserving the original paint, but it is chipping quite heavily. Kevin, great pic! Thanks for the visual reference.

Any additional input or leads towards slats is welcomed - love to post some before and after pics if it works out. Thanks again!