Thread: Rob D.
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Steven Finley

I don't know Rob personally other than an odd deal done here and there, nor do I know the reason for his swan song other than the general reason given, but I do know this: the operators of this board allow an exponentially larger amount of freedom and leeway in discussion, topic, and tone than any its closest counterparts. In an environment where such an extended amount of slack has been provided on the rope, it's been my experience that someone hanging high wrapped it around their own neck.

There is a wealth of knowledge of this board and in that wealth (and this not directed towards Rob, but rather a characterization I have noticed in a decade + here) lies some sharp tongues, quick wits, and quicker tempers that are magnified by the less than personal social setting that is a message board. A member's collection, knowledge, or hobby experience isn't justification for treating this as a Reddit sub-forum on occasion and yet has often been used a bond for a poster's callous or annoying behavior - a justification that I have never understood.

Once again non of the above was aimed at Rob. It's strictly a generalization of my opinion since opinions seem to flowing freely in this thread. Hopefully Rob and Leon can reach an understanding that eventually leads to his return and we can continue to collect pictures of dead baseball players.