View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil1974 View Post
Basically the same series as the La Morena cards, from 1928. The checklist might be updated better than what I have here as its the same for both sets. Hope this helps some. Harder to find but they do come up once in a while, I've owned a few of the Ruths. Leon has a Ruth/Cobb if I remember correct.
Check-list

96 St. Louis Cardinals team

97 Scott – Chicago – a kind of baseball player, the big assistant of his team

98 Babe Ruth - the king of baseball of America, maybe the best paid citizen of the U. S. A.

99 Washington Senators Team

100 Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth

101 George Kelly of the New Yorker Giants, a second Babe Ruth

103 Earl Webb

104 Pennock and Meadows have the recognition of the public everywhere because of the surprising art of their baseball playing

105 Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth

106 Jim Bottomley

107 John J. Mc. Graw and Christov Mathewson two baseball players that always thrill the American people

108 Levy, Hogan and Cohen three great baseball players of the popular baseball team New Yorker Giants

109 John J. Mc. Graw a big artist of baseball

110 Baseball player Ullmann (New York) – a first order baseball player loved by his teammates

111 The brothers P. and Lee Todd – appreciated baseball players in the United States of North America

112 A huge crowd attending a baseballgame in New York – the true American national sport

113 Giants – White Sox

114 An interesting fight scene that always thrill the Americans between St. Louis Cardinals and Brooklyn Robins

115 A huge crowd in the baseball – the national sport of the Americans, in the Pittsbrugh ballpark in a championship between New Yorker Yankees and Pirates Pittsburgh

116 Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth in a baseball ballpark. In the United States of North America the true American would do anything for attending a baseball game

117 Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig

118 Rabbit Maranville

119 George Harper the bright baseball player, playing for the St. Louis Cardinals against the famous New Yorker Giants

120 A baseball scene in a game between two of the best and most known teams St. Louis Cardinals vs. Brooklyn Robins