View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:41 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I think you are able to explain the context on the next post if you have a problem with it...its not like I get the last word and the thread is locked.....

I think saying buy the card not the holder is obvious and doesn't need to be stated but I don't care if its said over and over again..doesn't bother me a bit....again it appears you basically agree with my premise.....some people may of just been snooped into buying a fake card and may find solace that fake autos happen a lot...who knows....but the fact I used 3 posts out of my around 1000 posts I don't really think its that annoying or obstructive...I believe for most people who make 1000 posts...at least 3 of them will be very similar in viewpoint etc and nobody would call them out for that...I know I wouldn't care or bother to look at the post history...

still odd again because you do agree with what I said
It's not odd at all. You're making a statement that offers nothing to the Op regarding their item, but implies something negative about those giving the opinions. That is the part that bothers me. Your blanket statement implies that we say everything is bad, just because. That implication is not beneficial to the op as it calls into question, not only the validity of our opinions as being some rubber stamp knee jerk response, but also our motive for giving the opinions. This is not beneficial for the OP or the board. I asked you to explain what useful info can be gleaned from your statement, yet you didn't answer.
Consider this analogy. Let's say we're in a forum about testicular cancer. Someone asks about treatment options and results. Someone answers the person's question with the statement "Just want to let you know that a lot of people die from cancer." Now while that information is true, as a lot of people do die from cancer, it doesn't answer the OP's question and really offers nothing of benefit to the OP. Plus, the OP very possibly could take that statement to mean that his situation is pretty bad. This may or may not be the case and that general statement really isn't needed or helpful. Following that up with well, I'll leave it to others to clarify my statement, because my statement is true is ridiculous.

What's really odd is that out of 1000 posts, the only three posts on the autograph side have been the same thing. Is this all you have to add?

For the most part, you have a right to say what you want on this forum. I also have a right to take issue with what you say if I feel it is in some way detrimental to the conversation. I, and others, given the responses in this and the previous thread, obviously do. I have told you why I think it is detrimental. Now tell me why you think it's helpful.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL

Last edited by Lordstan; 07-18-2015 at 11:16 AM.